What is the Definitive Disability Conference (DDC)?
The DDC is a two-day conference to be held in May 2013, in Boston, focusing on issues relating to the evaluation and litigation of disability claims, both with respect to Disability Income (DI) and Long Term Disability (LTD) policies.
How is the DDC different from other claims and related conferences?
The DDC is different than many other conferences that touch on disability matters, in the following ways:
- Focused content: The presentations / break out sessions focus exclusively on issues related to disability claims and litigation. There are no life or health sessions.
- More content: The conference has over 15 sessions related solely to DI and LTD topics.
- Sophistication: The conference is designed for legal and claims professionals with a moderate to advanced level of understanding of disability claims and litigation issues. This is not a conference for those new to disability issues.
- Industry exclusive: The conference is only open to in-house counsel, management, claims, and other industry-related personnel, including outside defense counsel. No plaintiffs’ counsel and no expert witnesses may attend. The Definitive Disability Conference and Barger & Wolen reserve the right to decline registrations.
- Cost: The registration fee for the conference is inexpensive compared to most other conferences focusing on life, health and disability issues. The conference is not designed to make a profit.
When is the DDC and where will it be held?
The conference will be held on May 16-17, 2013, in Boston at the The Boston Long Wharf Marriott.
How much will it cost to attend the DDC?
||Early Bird Registration(until 1/31/2013)
In-House Legal Counsel – Insurance Companies and Third Party Administrators
|Insurance Company (other)
|All Other Delegates
How do I register?
Please download a registration form and return,with payment, to:
Heather Morse, Director of Marketing
Barger & Wolen LLP
633 W. Fifth Street, 47th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90071
Who is sponsoring the DDC?
Barger & Wolen LLP is a key sponsor of the conference. Sponsorship opportunities are available here.
Martin E. Rosen, Esq. is the conference chairman.
Who will be speaking at the DDC? What topics will they be speaking on?
The speakers at the DDC are primarily in-house and outside counsel who focus significantly on disability claims and litigation issues. Click on the following links for speakers and program.
How should I keep abreast of further information concerning the DDC?
Please ask to be put on our email list. (Your contact information will not be shared with others.) Direct such requests to Heather L. Morse via e-mail.
Whom should I contact if I have further questions, comments or suggestions?
For logistical matters, please contact: Heather L. Morse.
For substantive or other matters, please contact: Martin E. Rosen.